Friday, September 11, 2009

I Will Never Forget

I would like to take a second today to put aside all the bitching back and forth that goes on here between both sides, and stop and think back on September 11, 2001. I can remember that I was a freshman in high school back in Dumas Texas taking a test in my first period algebra class. I remember a knock on the door and another teacher telling my teacher the news of what had happened. The rest of the day, we were glued to the TV wondering how something like this could have happened in the United States of America. That day I felt angry, sad, shock, disbelief, fear, and uncertanty just to name a few. That day and the days and weeks after, America stood united. There was no partisan bickering back and forth. There was no division between the country like there is now; everyone stood together united against for a common good and against a common enemy. FAR from what you see now. I wonder what is going to have to happen to bring America back together. Hopefully not another 9/11.

4 comments:

steven estrada said...

I was on my way to work. This was when the first plane hit, and the DJ said it loked like an accident. I was just turning on the TV at work when the second one hit. I just yelled, "It's a Fu*&ing attack!", and the whole shop was watching the whole thing. We were lined up int he waiting room, techs, parts guy, customers, just listening to this, watching the building crumble, hearing about the Pentagon, and finally flight 93.

That whole day was just so surreal.

Cris Seligman said...

I concur. I was working as a producer on television that day. It was like the world was coming to an end.

Not sure I agree about the bitching back and forth - after all - that's called "conversation" as long as it doesn't deteriorate into violence, and I think we're all big enough here not to let that happen.

I do however appreciate your point about people bitching a little less. It would be nice to turn down the noise a bit, especially on a day like today.

AMY said...

I'm still sick that the media has to keep showing the video of that day over and over again. I think that's vulture behavior, and why did you put it here? I don't need to see it again.

isaac.ward said...

You dont have to watch it. The truth isnt always pretty. And we cant hide from what happened just because it is an awful scene.